When using random forwarding the call is forwarded to a series of phone numbers in random. The first number will ring for a certain number of seconds (you set the desired length). If there is no answer within that time, the call is automatically redirected down to an alternate second preset phone number. If the second number does not answer, the call is again forwarded and so on. Up to 4 numbers can be added to the sequence. If the call is never answered you have the option to send it to voicemail.
Here is how you can set up sequential forwarding:
1. Log in to your control panel at https://newcp.unitedworldtelecom.com/login with your email and password.
2. Click My Phone Numbers on the left side.
3. Click on the Settings Icon of the service line you want to change.
4. Select Call Forwarding from the horizontal menu and click Advanced Routing.
5. Click the orange Go to Rules button.
6. Click the green Create New Rule button.
7. From here, you can enter all the parameters your wish to ad to your random forwarding rule. Enter description, days-of-the-week, start and end dates, and phone number to forward to.
8. Select the Random tab and add additional numbers that will ring randomly if the previous number does not answer. Click Save Rule.